Saturday, June 16, 2012

Triathlon, really....


Okay, I used to swim on and off, I can ride a bike, and recently I became a runner. I am thinking, sure I could race in a triathlon. I have started looking at workout plans, even have friends who are also training....but really, what does it take to do this? A LOT, I found out this evening! 

I haven't even done all these activities at once. ( It's called a brick workout ) I thought after tonight's bike I would try to run! LOL. Sure, not there yet...of course. I need 8-12 weeks to train, maybe longer! Once I figure out my training for the Tri and Marathon, I'll post it.

I rode 8.40 miles in 40 minutes, then decided to run. I was hoping for a mile run, but, I could only get my body and mind to do a half a mile. I am looking at a Sprint Tri; usually a .25 mile swim, 10-12 mile bike ride,  & 3.1 mile run. I've got a lot of work to do!

Biking:



A Run, can you even call it that, lol.




Challenge Workout #14- Biking/Short Run




2 comments:

  1. Mitzi, I know if you put your mind to it you can do anything! I will cheer you along!!

    ReplyDelete