Thursday, June 7, 2012

School is out!!!


But, the learning doesn't end! Sarah, my 4 year old, loves learning. She knows the alphabet, the sound of each letter, is trying to read and can spell a few words; plus a list of other things. We are going to make simple crafts over the summer, a book, and I am going to teach her to read; since she is showing an interest. Of course, we started with Letter A, A is for Alligator!

Sarah and her friend, Katie, she will be here on and off for the summer. This was a very simple craft, even though I didn't have googly eyes, sparkle jewels work great!!!



We also went to dinner to celebrate the kids achievements, which was also my sister's 39th birthday!
I have a Senior ( wow ),  a 7th grader, 6th grader, preschooler, and a newly walker! My life is full and I wouldn't have it any other way ♥



My sister, Cristy and me.
Happy Birthday!


My mom, Debbie, my sister, and me.


My mom, my aunt and uncle; Gale and Howard.



We had a nice evening, celebrating the kids and my sister ♥


2 comments:

  1. That's so cool, Mitzi! How are you going to teach your 4 year old to read? I know that's a silly question, but Wyland is definitely at the same stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not silly. With a very successful book, Teach your child to read in 100 lessons, http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Your-Child-Read-Lessons/dp/0671631985
      Many of my homeschool friends, love this book.
      Along with sight word books, & songs; I've had for a long time.
      We start next week :)

      Delete