Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Years Fly....

My oldest, Shayla, is entering the 12th grade in the fall. ( I know, I don't look old enough, do I ;-) )  She is scheduled to graduate in June of 2013. It doesn't even seem possible, these years have flew by. I can still remember the day she was born and her first night home, so clearly; and many other milestones. As I get older, I am enjoying the little things even more. Luckily, I get to do this five times!!! 

Today, we attended a ceremony where she was recognized for her high GPA, a 4.3, she is at the top of her class. Last time, I checked, she was #13 in her class. I never did this well in school.



Shayla is also an artist. She made this artwork for one of her favorite teachers, as an end of the year gift.


She was also honored at the Dali Museum a few months back, for this artwork.





Needless to say, I am proud of her accomplishments. I hope that she continues with her success and becomes a positive, productive, self sufficient adult.



2 comments:

  1. That so sweet I am feeling every sentimental all mine are growing up so fast:( you should be proud you have great kids!

    ReplyDelete